At WheelWiz, the protection of your personal information has always been a top priority. WheelWiz' Policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure, if any, of personal information can be broken down into the 10 principles covered in Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"). Please read below for a list of the types of personal information which we collect from you subject to this Policy when you do business with us.
- WheelWiz is responsible for personal information under its control.
- We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
- All WheelWiz employees are responsible for day-to-day compliance.
- When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
- Unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question, WheelWiz will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable manner.
- An example of a self-evident purpose is requesting the name and address of the person placing an order in order to ensure proper delivery.
- If you become a Registered User , then you choose what information you put in your profile, including contact and personal information.
- We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
- WheelWiz will not make your consent a requirement to the supply of a product or a service other than required to be able to supply the product or service.
- Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and given in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally (in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product or service.
- In determining the type of consent to obtain, WheelWiz will consider all relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your reasonable expectations.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. WheelWiz will inform you of the implications of doing so.
- Protecting children's privacy is important to us. It is not our intent to collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of sixteen. If you are under the age of sixteen, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of sixteen, we will remove that information as quickly as possible.
- Parents and legal guardians can withdraw consent to their child's participation and use of their personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The collection of personal information by WheelWiz will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies.
- We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
- It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
- We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- We use Google Analytics and Google DoubleClick remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on our website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- We use Facebook remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on our website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the instructions to opt-out of Facebook Ads.
- We use tracking codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on our website. This data is synchronized with our backend system and allows us to provide a better service to users.
- We use the information collected by these services to improve our products & services, to improve our website, make it more user-friendly and monitor that it is performing correctly.
- WheelWiz will protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets, restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information), organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a "need to know" basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of employees.